To request an urgent appointment, Monday to Friday:
- Phone us on 01706 390243 from 8am
When you get in touch, we’ll ask what you need help with.
We will use the information you give us to choose the most suitable doctor, nurse or health professional to help you.
A seperate appointment is necessary for each member of the family
You can book an appointment with any of the doctors. However you may not be able to see the doctor of your choice if your appointment is booked at short notice.
To request a routine appointment in the next 14 days:
- Use the NHS app to directly book an appointment.
- Contact us online via Patchs detailing your concerns
- Phone us on 01706 390243, Monday to Friday from 8am to 6.30pm
- Visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist, Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm
Routine appointments are usually for 10 minutes. If you need longer than this then let us know.
If you are housebound and need an appointment, we will do a home visit. We will phone you first to understand what you need.
To request a home visit, it’s helpful if you phone the practice before 10.30am.
Please note, home visits are not always completed by your usual doctor, they may be completed by our oncall doctors through BARDOC.
GP Additional Access Services
Would you like an appointment with a GP, Nurse, or Health Care Practitioner in the evening or at the weekend when we are closed?
If so, you can book your appointment now by contacting us.
Access Services are an extension of our usual service, it is not a walk-in service, and you will need to make an appointment through the practice reception. The service gives you more flexibility in where, when and how you use local health services. It helps those who struggle to get to the doctors during the week because of work and family commitments.
Please note that whilst you may not get to see your own doctor during these hours, and it may not be at your own practice location, the GP or Nurse you see will have access to your medical record, subject to your consent.
APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE:
Monday to Friday - Daytime & Evenings
Saturday and Sunday - Daytime
Bank Holidays – Daytime
Face to Face – You will see a clinician in person and be required to go to the service location
Telephone Consultation – You will be called by one of our clinicians during your appointment time. This will be from a withheld number and you will not be required to go to the service location unless offered at the time
Contact us online
If you have a non-urgent medical query you can also contact us using our online form called Patchs. This is an online service where you will be asked a few questions about your medical need. This will be reviewed by our team and we will get back to you within 72 hours.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
If you can't keep an appointment, please cancel it as soon as possible. Below are the ways in which you can cancel your appointment:
- If you booked using the NHS app you can cancel your appointment via the app too
- Reply CANCEL to your appointment reminder
- Phone the surgery on 01706 390243 between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday
The surgery has a system where we monitor patients who fail to attend their appointments. If patients book appointments and continually fail to attend them without informing the surgery, letters will be sent to those patients and this may result in the practice asking them to register elsewhere.
If you need help with your appointment
However you choose to contact us, we will ask you what you need help with. We will use this information to choose the most suitable doctor, nurse or other health professional to help you. We may offer you a consultation:
- By phone
- Face to face at the surgery
- On a video call
- By text or email
Appointments by phone, video call or by text or email can be more flexible and often means you get help sooner
Please tell us:
- If there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer to respond. Please note it is not always possible for you to see the doctor of your choice especially if your appointment is booked at short notice.
- If you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face, by video call or by text or email
- If you need an interpreter
- If you have any other access or communication needs