A doctor’s reception is often a very busy and sometimes difficult environment in which to work. The receptionists employed by the practice are here to help and we would be grateful if patients could respect the reception staff at all times.
The receptionist will assist patients in the following:
- To arrange appointments
- Take requests for home visits
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Organise hospital transport as appropriate
- Inform patients of test results
- Inform patients of a time when the doctor may be free to speak to them over the telephone
The reception staff are trained to help you access our services and to ensure that the practice runs smoothly. However, please remember that they are not doctors and nurses and, whilst they work hard to help you, they may not have instant answers or solutions to all your enquiries.